Student Tax Services
A Word on... Student Tax
Regular Work
Holiday, Casual and Seasonal Work
National Insurance
Self Employment
Minimum Wage
Starting a Job
Leaving a Job
Getting your Tax Back
Student Loan
Tax Code
Rental Income
Capital Gains Tax
Inheritance Tax
International Matters
Student Tax Tips
Online Help
Tax Glossary
Tax Rates

Holiday/Casual/Seasonal Work A Word on Holiday/Casual/Seasonal Work

If you work during the holiday periods (not term time), then you may be able to receive your wages without attracting tax. To prevent tax in the first instance is better and easier than to incorrectly pay tax and subsequently request a repayment.

You must satisfy the Inland Revenue that you qualify for this exemption and in order to do so, you must:-

be a student who is planning to
continue being a student until after the end of the tax year.
not have total income from all sources in excess of your tax allowance.
This does not include student loans, scholarships and educational grants.
Complete form P38s and hand this to your employer.


Holiday/Casual/Seasonal Work


© Student Tax Services 2005. All rights reserved


Web Design and Hosting by RatArt